Saturday, June 19, 2010

It may be a little late to congratulate Scott Brown and his taking away our filibuster-proof Senate ... but ...

... the Republican filibuster on the unemployment extension is simply SELFISH!!
(Excuse me for yelling.)




Simply put, I've been unemployed for almost a year and I have applied for so many jobs that I lost count. I've had dozens of interviews but I am either underqualified (true, in most cases), overqualified (really?) or simply too old--although no one ever says THAT to my face. And the extension we're asking for is absolutely NOT welfare—although I could care less what the Republicans might wish to call it. I worked for 50-plus years and paid taxes -- including unemployment insurance taxes --during almost all those years. Call it welfare if you like, but if I hear one more fat-cat Republican talking head on Fox Cable News tell me I am drawing welfare, I ... I will ...

... sick Hillary Clinton on them! ...

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That a boy, Joe, because I agree with you and they really look at your age, which is wrong. We have a lot of years to go, sometimes more than some of our younger ones have going and their are ones out their that are on the ball and working hard, so why can't we, just because they think we are over the hill, which we are not, as long as we can do the job, they should let us do it. From a Child of the most high God and knows more than they do. LMD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters