Thursday, September 14, 2006

"Poor George, he can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.''

It is my loss that I never really got to "know" Ann Richards (left) while she was Governor of Texas. I was too busy running around the world doing my thing, I guess. But last evening I took time to watch a special on her and know now that she was something very special. Interestingly her famous line, "Poor George, he can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth!" was given at the 1988 Democratic Convention and was aimed at George Herbert Walker Bush -- Bush 41 -- and not GWB -- Bush 43 -- for whom the line really fits. We lose another really fine person, and only 73 ... sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters