Friday, September 15, 2006

My brother Richard from Connecticut reminded me of the last time I watched Ann Coulter on Hannity and Colmes ...

Yeh I know that the picture of Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity on the left is dated and blurry, but I wanted to leave you with something to smile about after thinking about what my brother led me to with a link in his email to me today.

I'm sure most of you living on the same little continent with me (between the Atlantic and Pacific Seas) remember Ann telling Kirsten Powers (guest hosting about two weeks ago) that "things are going swimmingly in Afghanistan." Well, that was the "subject line" of my brother's email.

Fact is things are not going swimmingly in Afghanistan or anywhere that Mr Bush and the neocons are pushing forward [sic] with their agenda. But to the point of the link: young women are again being murdered by their husbands, "fiancees," families and others in increasing numbers in Afghanistan as the Taliban is growing bolder in what can only be termed a dramatic resurgence.

"According to the AIHRC, some 185 women and girls have been killed by family members so far this year, a significant increase on the previous year." That was a snippet taken from the article to which I was led by my brother. The AIHRC is the Afghan Independent Human Rights Commission -- and is on top of that and other human rights abuses taking place both inside and outside of Kabul -- a piece of Kabul being the only small chunk of ground actually in control by the Karzai government.

I don't have to remind any of you who are reading the daily newspapers and watching CNN that Afghanistan is raging at about the same Fahrenheit level as Iraq is (still) all of a sudden over the past month or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters