Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One of my sons and his wife are chasing jellyfish for me -- or something like that!


Jellyfish in Hawaii


The jellyfish protein apoaequorin improves cognitive function in individuals with memory concerns ... a.k.a. ME!

As I remember from my years in Hawaii, Box Jellyfish were not a welcomed sight on Hawaii’s pristine beaches, but there is another species of jellyfish invading the islands of Oahu and Maui whose visit is welcomed.

Aequorea Victoria is the jellyfish from which the calcium-binding protein apoaequorin, a potential therapeutic for Alzheimer’s disease, is derived.

Go get'm, Brooke and John!

Dad could use a little of that apoaequorin as I get closer to the average age of senile elderly men in the State of Washington.

Oh yes, this is a simplified picture of the actual apoaequorin protein for those who would rather not have to keep live jellyfish in their fridge.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really good to know, Joe, because I really think that would be good for me also and a few other people I know.

From a child of God

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Actually, only 0.003% of living humans are as old as I am.

Come to think of it, don't jellyfish sting?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters