Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Judgement Day nearly upon us and I ran into an interesting ad on the Internet ...


Raccoons under my front deck/porch waiting for a dish of cat food ... and begging to be allowed to go with me to meet Jesus in the clouds at the Rapture

Surely, you've all read the arithmetic on my previous posting that backs up this Saturday as the "Judgement Day--actually, only the Rapture--but who's quibbling over Biblical terms? Anyway, I've been concerned about my cats, the dog and the 104 raccoons under my front porch after I disappear in the "twinkling of an eye." The ad I found that will provide me and millions like me peace is shown below:

You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind.

We are a group of dedicated animal lovers, and atheists. Each
Eternal Earth-Bound Pet representative is a confirmed atheist, and as such, will still be here on Earth after you've received your reward. Our network of animal activists are committed to step in when you step up to Jesus.

We are currently active in 26 states, employing 40 pet rescuers. Our representatives have been screened to ensure that they are atheists, animal lovers, are moral / ethical with no criminal background, have the ability and desire to rescue your pet and the means to retrieve them and ensure their care for your pet's natural life.

Our service is plain and simple; our fee structure is reasonable.
For $135.00 we will guarantee that should the Rapture occur within ten (10) years of receipt of payment, one pet per residence will be saved. Each additional pet at your residence will be saved for an additional $20.00 fee. A small price to pay for your peace of mind and the health and safety of your four legged and feathered friends.

Unfortunately at this time we are not equipped to accommodate all species and must limit our services to dogs, cats, birds, rabbits, and small caged mammals. [Please note: we can now offer rescue services for fenced or caged deer and raccoons as well as horses, camels and donkeys in NH,VT, WA, ID and MT.]

Simply visit us at Eternal Earth-Bound Pets, USA and set your troubled hearts at peace.

4 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe if you are charging for the pet sitting and each additional pet, then where will the money go too when you are gone?

From left behind

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

I didn't say I was charging anything--only that an ad on the Internet is charging and that I'll have to pay $135 plus $20 for each of my cats and raccoons since they won't be raptured with me--and about 623 others from around the world who have accepted Jesus as our Savior.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I miss understood you, but I do believe, that when we are raptured all animals will go with us.

From Left behind

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Even 20 year-old George, the snarliest cat in the Universe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters