Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Randi Rhodes tells it like it is ...

This quote of Randi Rhode's is worth noting:

I was a woman and in the Air Force. ... I ... understood that the reason
why the American military is the proudest and the most fierce fighting force on the planet is because we feel like we’re doing a legitimate job for a legitimate government. When you look at why the Iraqis won’t fight, they don’t feel like they’re legitimate, and they don’t feel they’re fighting for a legitimate government. ... Plus, I can’t imagine being on foreign soil making thirteen hundred dollars a month, with a family at home, car payments and house payments and the whole nine yards, and serving next to a guy who’s getting eighty grand to pump gas. In my military experience, that can’t happen.
You don’t serve alongside somebody who’s making eighty grand to put the gas in the vehicle. I put the gas in the plane. I put the jet fuel in the plane. I put the oxygen in the airplane. I can’t imagine having to serve with somebody who is making a fricking fortune and is on the payroll of the company, not the country. That screws up the entire camaraderie, the entire feeling that you are a legitimate fighting force. All of a sudden, you see it’s for profit, and you don’t feel legitimate anymore. [unquote] -- Randi Rhodes, Air America Radio Host



Having spent a good part of my lifetime as a contractor for the military, I
know that what she says relating to how the one and two-stripers trudging (and dying) in and on the sands of Iraq must feel alongside the $80,000 to $150,000 per year contractors only a few hundred yards behind them. It's estimated that we have nearly as many contractors in Iraq today (earning your tax dollars!) as we have uniformed military.

Who's looking into that?


Nobody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters