Sunday, June 03, 2007

Hmmm ... if Fred Thompson tells us that he'll bring the troops home ... good grief! I'd vote Republican with my brother Richard in Connecticut.


Fred Thompson and his wife Jeri


Gee whiz! How could I turn against a candidate who agrees with me as regards undoing Roe versus Wade (for me, a new position) and has a wife--or is Jeri Thompson really his granddaughter?--who reminds me of a Hollywood starlet? After watching the Democratic Debate this evening, I'm reasonably certain that Hillary will be the Democratic candidate and Thompson looks like a winner coming out of the gate on the Republican side.

What do you think?

Is it just me, or do you think that it was no coincidence that Katherine heigl and Seth Rogers' new comedy hit "Knocked Up" was released this weekend ... just as Mr. Thompson is announcing his candidacy? After all, both the film and the man are clearly against abortion. [See previous posting.]

Naah! That's just me, isn't it?



Doesn't Katherine Heigle look a little like Geri Thompson?

3 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Jeanne Ryan (Serenissima) said...

Wow, I didn't realize Thompson's wife was soooo much younger than him. I think when people see their picture, it'll actually hurt him in the polls.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

1 Comment - Show Original Post

Serenissima said...
Wow, I didn't realize Thompson's wife was soooo much younger than him. I think when people see their picture, it'll actually hurt him in the polls.

9:03 AM

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Probably yes, but his honesty will show through, I think, and negate the negative, so to speak. Like the last Presidential election (if exit polls are a guage), the A-issue will play bigger than anyone realizes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters