Friday, November 10, 2006

Please, Mr. Limbaugh, be a Paul Harvey ... tell us the "rest of the story" !!!


Rush Limbaugh tells his adoring audience that he will no longer "carry the water" for the GOP


Amazingly, the truth has finally come out. Many persons whom I know have told me that deep down, Rush Limbaugh is both intelligent and caring. The words below, spoken by Rush to us all (and playing almost hourly on liberal talk shows) seem to back up their contention. He was only doing as he was told to do ... "carrying the water .. of "undeserving persons" just as the generals who saluted and said "yes sir" to Donald Rumsfeld, no matter how cockamanied his ideas were at times, for some higher good that is impossible to be defined ... within the bounds of truth, common sense and our Constitution. And let's face it; even our President stood to attention and said "yes sir" to both Cheney and Rumsfeld when they gave him their final orders ... and "carried their water" for a higher good that, at the time, Mr. Bush couldn't quite wrap his mind around. But Mr. Bush's father has come to the rescue in the President's case and Mr. Limbaugh seems to have come to his own senses in his case.

Quoted from Rush's radio show on the "day after":

LIMBAUGH: Now, I mentioned to you at the conclusion of the previous hour that people have been asking me how I feel all night long. And I got, "Boy, Rush, I wouldn't want to be you tomorrow. Boy, I wouldn't want to have to do your show. Boy, I'm so glad I'm not you." Well, folks, I love being me. I can't be anybody else, so I'm stuck with it. But the way I feel is this: I feel liberated, and I'm just going to tell you as plainly as I can why. I no longer am going to have to carry the water for people who I don't think deserve having their water carried. ... Now, I'm liberated from having to constantly come in here every day and try to buck up a bunch of people who don't deserve it, to try to carry the water and make excuses for people who don't deserve it. ... But now with what has happened yesterday and today, it is an entirely liberating thing. If those in our party who are going to carry the day in the future -- both in Congress and the administration -- are going to choose a different path than what most of us believe, then that's liberating. I don't say this with any animosity about anybody, and I don't mean to make this too personal.

I'm not trying to tell you that this is about me. I'm just answering questions that I've had from people about how I feel. But there have been a bunch of things going on in Congress, some of this legislation coming out of there that I have just cringed at, and it has been difficult coming in here, trying to make the case for it when the people who are supposedly in favor of it can't even make the case themselves -- and to have to come in here and try to do their jobs. I'm a radio guy. I understand what this program has become in America and I understand the leadership position it has. I was doing what I thought best, but at this point, people who don't deserve to have their water carried, or have themselves explained as they would like to say things, but somehow don't be -- aren't able to, I'm not under that kind of pressure.


End of quote

Now Rush, it's time for the "rest of the story." What legislation did you back with your words that you knew to be faulty and tell the American people how and why the legislation was faulty. What lies had to be told for the larger good?

Thanks for the apology, of sorts, but more is needed, I think in order to reestablish yourself as credible (if that's even possible) and to set your mis-directed listeners straight.

But my own bottom line to what you said is, "thanks!" It took a lot of courage to state what you did and for that both your listeners and all of us owe you a debt of gratitude.

Again, thanks!

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Limbaugh is clearly in need of a new prescription, because it seems like he has lost all coherence: up until the very last days before the election he was playing the role of Neocaon lackey by having Cheney, rumsfeld, et all on his show, and now he disavows them? And also, I wish more people would blog about the anal cyst that kept him out of 'nam. What a loveable guy. And how many millions of people listen to this blowhard daily? That's pretty scary and goes a long while in explaining why this country elected an incompetent like W not once, but twice...

www.minor-ripper.blogspot.com

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

ripper -

Let's give Rush some space on this. The "new Rush" might just be something that the nation is ready for. I am going to simply wait ... and hope.

But whatever, to the extent that his admission was a genuine apology (loosely stated), I will accept it.

MWN Joe)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters