Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Serious wind and rainstorm hit western Washington ... may give GOP a Senate seat ...

Our governor (Chris Gregoire, Dem) has declared 18 counties (including Grays Harbor County where my cabin, cats and I sit ... surrounded by water) as "disaster areas" and the western part of the state is "Democrat country." The folks east of the Olympic and Cascade Mountains -- largely Republican -- just might give my old boss at Safeco Insurance Company (Republican Mike McGavick -- nice guy and great periodic lunch partner, but on the issues ...) an unexpected victory over anti-war Senator Maria Cantwell (Democrat).

The winds and rain have my cats terrified and that is the reason (at least 75% of the reason) that I am even out of bed at this ungodly hour in the middle of the night.

Maybe God is a Republican after all. (Obviously, that is a Kerryesque "joke" and nothing more.) But still, it is an ominous way to begin the "big day" (Midterm Election Day in America for those of you in Europe, Asia and elsewhere) and I just wonder what "surprises" are still ahead. The Democrats around America have actually worried about an "election miracle" that would keep the Republicans in power in Congress. Perhaps, but I don't remember that Jesus showed much interest in civic affairs during his teachings.

More on that later when I'm awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters