Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Naomi Campbell vs. tomato, ham and mozzarella with local (Tuscan Coast) white wine

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a decent (PG-rated) photo of Naomi Campbell.

That aside, imagine dreaming that you are just starting a job selling gay wearing apparel (for men) and have (1) just made your first sale and (2) just wakened to the voice of some anonymous female voice describing a tirade that took place on Naomi Campbell's boyfriends' yacht involving Naomi Campbell creating havoc aboard the yacht (to the tune of $56,000) because her appetizer of tomato, ham and mozzarella with a Tuscan wine wasn't up to par.

Now, it happens I'm not gay and had a difficult enough time in my dream trying to match the tastes of my clientele (I'm a mathematician to boot), and then waking to this ridiculous scene that confused me no end. I pay good money to listen to XM-167 (Air America) while I sleep which should be piping good left-wing political hyperdrama into my head rather than yet another explosion by Naomi Campbell. (Yes, I happen to be a Naomi fan and know of her past escapades -- she slapped a "staging assistant" a couple of years ago and also threw a phone at a maid only recently -- maybe a month or two ago, plus other temper tantrums.)

I only have so much time to feed my cats, crash this posting on the Blog and then I have to think hungrily about having a tomato, ham and mozzarella appetizer for my breakfast -- and that Tuscan wine ... Voila! And I'm an alcoholic to boot! How will I ever get in to Aberdeen (location of Grays Harbor College, 30 miles away) to teach two math classes this morning on time?

Sorry for getting off focus (Middle East crisis; World War III, etc.), but just blame it on Air America radio and a slight (I hope) disagreement I had with my brother, Richard in Connecticut, over the phone last evening. I'm really depressed (seriously!) this morning.

4 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jeanne Ryan (Serenissima) said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling blue. Stay off the sauce, avoid slapping the hired help, make up with your BRFC, and all will be fine.

fyi- throughout your text, you wrote naomi 'watts' instead of 'campbell'.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Thank you, Serenissima!

I am a Naomi Watts fan as well as an admirer of naomi Cambell, but surely know the difference between the somewhat more demure NW and the strong and lengthy muscular structure of NC, a professional model -- maybe #1 in the world today.

How I could call her "Campbell" in the title and then use "Watts" in the text, I don't know, but my cats were all over me. Owning seven cats, four of whom only speak Arabic, is a pain in the you-know-what. I've made the corrections in the text.

MWN (Joe)

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters