Friday, July 07, 2006

Go get 'em, Tiger!!



Well, you have to give him credit when credit is due.

He (George W. Bush) made what I consider to be a very tough speech in Chicago earlier today. He made it clear that we still are 100% after Osama bin Laden's hide and gave clear, meaningful rationale behind his not wanting to meet with Kim Jong Il one-on-one. On both of these issues, I am in agreement with the President.

I'm still unhappy that we invaded Iraq and certainly unhappy that we have no exit strategy -- I'd get out of Iraq tomorrow! I want to see the Kyoto Treaty ratified and a serious from-the-top-down attack on greenhouse gas emissions and a much more aggressive defense of the environment -- from the glaciers in Alaska to the animals in our forests and deserts. The unfair tax "cuts" should be reversed and Social Security should remain a million miles from corporate America.

And for the love of daisies, let's stop giving no-bid and cost-plus contracts to the likes of Bechtel, Exxon, Haliburton, et. al.!! And while we're at it, let's have a completely independent investigation of the events of 9-11 to put to rest the 1001 questions that were left unanswered by that last excuse of an investigation and that almost embarrassing 9-11 Commission Report that ruined a full week of my time ... and gave me stomach cramps besides!

If one of my units had given me a report like that 9-11 Commission Report, I would have ... well, enough said.

But Mr. Bush gave a good speech in Chicago, nonetheless.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters