Monday, October 12, 2009

Waiting for Richard ... Sweetheart Begins a New Life in Silver Spring, Maryland

Her Eyes Tell the "Whole" Picture! She misses her daddy, Richard--and, to a small extent--she misses me too ... I think!


I won't even try to describe her whimper--followed by a wail--as I walked out of the American Airlines Cargo Bay doorway the final time. And I had walked in and out of that door at least ten times getting paper work and such from my car. She "knew"!

But like so many things in life, her joy at seeing Richard on Thursday evening will surely make up for the sadness she must have felt in the blue kennel riding from SeaTac International Airport to Dallas and on into Dulles International Airport in Washington DC or thereabouts.

I must admit that her Aunt Nancy did a real miracle with the pink sweater. Sweetheart was always a "sweetheart," but now she really looks like one. The full picture (I cropped out an end table, doilies, statues, flowers, etc.) also demonstrated the differences between my OCD clutter-bin and Nancy's "Home-and-Garden" abode--Sweetheart's and soon-to-be Richard's new home in Maryland.

P.S.: A point worth mentioning--and entirely left out of the above was the joy Sweetheart experienced when meeting three new girlfriends (Nadia, Marie and Cathy) when she arrived in Maryland. A happier dog you couldn't have seen, according to her Aunt Nancy, when she leaped up on her new friends--who have equally fallen in love with her. This is truly a "Cinderella" story all the way. jtr

Miss ya, kiddo!

Okay, no doilies, but the statue of the cat will be a welcome sight for Sweetheart! And definitely NOT my OCD clutter-bin! (Click on the picture to get an "in your face" shot of her new abode--right out of Home and Garden.)

4 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She isn't sad. Happy with all her new acquaintances. Just a little jet lag. She wags her tail constantly. For all you decorators out there, HONEST...I don't even own a doily.

Love,

A.N.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really miss sweetheart, she was a joy to have in my life, but I know that Richard missed her a lot
and needs her more than me. She really looks like a high class dog now and you did wonders with her and she looks happy. She will be well missed around here, so e-mail me if you like so I can see how she is doing and how Richard is doing, because they are both in my prayers. lavernadugas@hotmail.com LMD in Ocean Shores

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Yes, this is ruly the end of a "sweet" fairy yale. On top of all else, she's 2000 miles closer to Gem--the animule from the San Francisco of the Eastern Seaboard--Pittsburgh, PA!

Aunt Nanny Nancy -- I'll send some doilies!

Love

Joe

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

Gem cannot wait to dish the dirt and watch the View (and now the Joy Behar show, not to mention Ellen) with Sweetie.
GEM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters