Monday, September 07, 2009

My brother Richard becomes an officialy designated GLF ("Ground Level Fall" on the ER Status Board) at Grays Harbor Community Hospital


Yes, the "C-Collar" was really Army Green! But Richard asked that I take down the very accurate portrait that I put up for him on Sunday.


Not much to add to the above photo; they had already wiped most of the blood off his face and I was holding his flattened (also bloody) glasses. I'll let Sweetheart (Richard's Benji-looking dog whom God provided him out of nowhere last October) tell the whole story on a blog posting in her own words (baleful whines) on her own blog site.

Yes, I cried when I saw his prone body lying on the street two doors down with most of Ocean Shores' police, EMT and fire department already either on-site or just arriving--along with neighbors whom I've never met.

That was Saturday evening and he's slowly recovering up in the loft with his beloved (TRULY!!) dog. Jesus answered many, many prayers on Saturday night and Sunday (middle of the night) morning.

6 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

Sweetie and U.J.
I tried to send a get well puppy chow kit, but the UPS man would not accept my paw print and wanted a real credit card.
Anyway, slips and falls are part of life.
"now that my ladder's gone, I must lie down where all the ladders start, in the foul rag and bones shop of the heart." Yeats as quoted by GEM

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

U.J.
Is it to early to give the Mother Theresa award for 2009 in the second week of September?
GEM

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

U.J. and Sweetie,
I thought GLF stood for Gem Loves Food.
GEM

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only Uncle Joe can find humor in an ambulance ride to the ER. He probably has some good cancer jokes.

Always stay sweet,

Sweetheart

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Jeanne Ryan (Serenissima) said...

How's Rich doing now? Take care of each other.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Serenissima -

I think he's a lot closer to you at Virginia Mason Hospital. Today was a long day--even longer than the day of this blog and any of the days shortly rhereafter.

He needs all of our prayers.

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters