Monday, August 10, 2009

Mob Rule Does NOT Equate to "First Ammendment Rights"!!


Democracy in Action or Demagogues in Action?


Since when is an overhaul of health care (yes -- call it "Reform"!) and insurance reform NOT a good thing? From what I hear proposed on Cable Television (sans Fox Cable Network) and then compare that to how hospitals, doctors, prescription drug companies and Insurance companies dictate and handle the insured and non-Insured it is reasonable to me that it should be reformed.

The hollering masses in opposition to ANYTHING (!!!) somehow seem that they are just disagreeing with change -- simply to be disagreeable -- because their Republican party of NO tells them that anything the Democrats come up with will be injurious to their health. Huh?

I heard one of the CNN commentators say, "It's like the Tobacco lobby saying: 'Do not pay attention to the Warning label on the packs of cigarettes.' "

I personally hope to hear BOTH sides take a calm and educated look at BOTH sides of each aspect of any proposed reform -- and then make an educated decision as to what belongs and what doesn't belong in whatever bill ultimately is given to P-BO to sign. I just received my first medical bill that was NOT covered by my "former" (prior to lay-off) insurance.

I KNOW the pain!!! I missed by three days.

7 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Rich Ryan said...

I called the GOP. They told me I reached "God Ornery People".

Always stay sweet,

Sweetheart

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

U.J.
If Sarah Barracuda said it is a death tribunal or some such rant, then it must be true. Just ask Todd, or Bristol, or Levi Johnson, or Jethro Bodine.
GEM

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

U.J.
Mobs are kinda cool; it get everyone excited; the P.R. actors in the crowd get paid well. And frankly, it was good to see anyone from any background shouting down Snarlin Arlen.
GEM

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Gem

Oooh! Isn't Arlen Specter, the five-term senator from one of the more difficult states within which to live, Gem? Pennsylvania isn't the moon or Mars, admittedly, but you havta give credit to anyone who would got to Lebenon to defend truth, goodness and every American'r right to health care. Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.), wouldn't take that kind of risk, me thinks.

Still A.S. wasn't too quick on his feet two days ago, sad to say.

U.J.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

What do you think of your Eagles picking up a dog-killer for its #2 quarterback, Gem? There's plenty of room in Ocean Shores for you and your B.F., John. I've always wondered ... is Philadelphia a suberb of Pittsburg, or is Pittsburg a suberb of Philly?

And just for the record, where is Lebenon anyway?

U.J.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

Dr. Joe,
I believe in redemption for Mr. Vick, particularly since it was not me that was hanging from that meat hook or being electrocuted. I like to give PETA a chance, but Jesus said to forgive 70 times 7 times.
GEM

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Gem --

You are a good friend of Jesus and I'll do my best as regards the "70 times 7." If what he (MV) has been saying is true, then he's well on his way to an eternity with Jesus and any lack of forgiveness would be (is!) sinful.

Thanks for the reminder.

U.J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters