Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We are the body of Christ ... Our bodies are indeed the temples of God!



The workers at the Home for the Destitute and Dying within the compound created by Mother Teresa [now deceased] in Calcutta greet one another with the most beautiful of local greetings .... Namaste! It reminds me of how I must regard each person with whom I come in contact--those I might regard as enemies as well as my dearest friends ... and everyone between.

"Namasté," from the beautiful Sanskrit language of India, literally means, "I bow to you." But the word really has deeper meaning: "I honor the spirit in you which is also in me," as we believe we are all one in the Holy Spirit.

I truly am not sure why this hit me so strongly, but it did.

Paul of Tarsus himself said, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives within me." He was speaking for all of us and our daily relationships should reflect this truth. Surely this Truth puts emphasis upon my previous post--and my relationships with each of the convicted felons with whom I work and all others within the state penitentiary into which Christ placed me against all odds three years ago.

God makes no mistakes!

3 Comments:

At 4:30 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

U.J., Sweetie and U.R.
Namaste to you.
Gem and U.J.(the other U.J)

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

U.J., Sweetie and U.R.
On a more serious note, I think it is terrible what the Donald did to Miss Cali.
Gem

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

I have no idea what Ms. Cali's contract contained, but she seemed a little ditsy and will come out just fine. I wouldn't want to work for D. Trump under any circumstance. Namaste to both Ms. Cali (with or without clothes) and a gigantic Namaste to someone whom my brother needs dearly of late.

The Holy Spirit within you will get him through his trauma and God's plan will be fulfilled, Call me sometime.

Uncle Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters