Monday, May 18, 2009

Whistle While You Work ... la la ta ta ta la la


My danged colon is acting up again ... but Dr. Juris Macs (my surgeon) is a pleasure to have nearby! Or is it the psychedelic anesthetic gas used during the operation?


With my job coming to an end any week now and with my financial situation (even beyond the job) continuing to provide its own levels of anxiety ... Sweetheart, all seven cats, Brother Richard and I are making do (doo-doo?) of a new kind ... more or less.

Today's prognosis is that the abscess* of the colon (right side again) will drain and heal before 15 June 2009.

*A colon abscess is nothing more than a fist-sized collection of pus causing painful pressure in its cavity formed by the colon’s tissue on the basis of an infectious process--usually caused by bacteria or parasites or other foreign materials (e.g. splinters or bullet wounds). It is a defensive reaction of the tissue to prevent the spread of infectious materials to other parts of the body. The basic symptoms and signs of an abscess on the colon are redness (mine was as red as a tomato), heat (I thought I was placing my hand on a George Forman Grill), swelling (mine was the size of a baseball), and pain (10 on a scale of 1 to 10) on the abdomen—mine was on the front-right side.

5 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Jeanne Ryan (Serenissima) said...

So was yours caused by bacteria, parasites, a splinter or bullet wound?

Glad your hospital stay was short and that you're on the mend.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Bacteria, Dr. Macs believes ...

Love

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was by caused by a good-for-naught brother and a mangy, flea bitten mutt moving in.

Always stay sweet,

Sweetheart

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

U.J.
I think it was caused by a single bullet fired from the grassy knoll. I will pray for your colon on Ascension Thursday tomorrow.
GEM

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

My bother Richard thinks it was simply a recurrence of the effects from one of my many war wounds from the US Civil War. Sounds reasonable to me.

U.J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters