Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hey, this is close to home--the Recession is slamming my future financial "security"--i.e., The Social Security System!




The recession is taking its toll on Social Security. The officials who oversee the program forecast yesterday that the Social Security trust fund will be exhausted by 2037 -- four years earlier than estimated last year. If the trust fund's longevity continues to drop by four years each year ahead, I figure I have about six years left. That's 6 x 4 = 24 and 2037 - 24 = 2013 ... and six years from now, it'll be 2015 (give or take six months). Halfway between 2013 and 2015 is 2014--or really, only about five years from this moment--one year short of the magic six I might still have.

But that's only the half of it!

In exactly seven and a half weeks, my entire income will be that $1050 Social Security check. My fixed expenses are 500 (mortgage)+ 362 (car payment) + 150 (long term health care insurance) + 150 (MediGap, Option F) + 200 (average monthly electric bill) + 40 (cat food) + 60 (gasoline) + 114 (TV and Internet cable) + 60 (two dollars-a-day for human food--assuming neither I or my brother, Richard, are required to eat the seven cats and one dog with whom I share my cabin on the ocean) + 75 water and sewage + 50 for garbage pick-up ... plus ...

Add it up, friends!

Please pray that I can find a part-time job. Even 75 year-old men can do something!

Can't they?

Do I sound a little as though I haven't trust in God who has gotten me through worse holes in the past? Do I sound just a little like I'm feeling sorry for myself?

Right! Ignore this posting ... for now ...

3 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Cash Gifting Practice said...

The lesson here is that it's up to you to make enough money to live a comfortable life. You can't rely on government.

The party line is that this is unfair. Blaming only gives power to what/whomever you are blaming.

Every person should be 100% responsible for their finanial future. Open up multiple streams of income. Or be at the mercy of government or whatever entity which you depend on for your financial stability in retirement years.

Ryan

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

U.J.
Put not your trust in the things of this world.
GEM

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Period Life Table gives you 2 1/2 years, so I wouldn't worry about Social Security.

Always stay sweet,

Sweetheart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters