Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yes, it was awful, but let's get on with life ...




Michael Vick as I would prefer to remember him ...


Yesterday's "Through this, I have found Jesus" and "I will redeem myself ... I have to" was all I really wanted to hear from Michael Vick. You all know how I can come to love nearly any animal and yet, God knows, we have all done awful things of one sort or another in our respective pasts and we all need the forgiveness of Jesus Christ first and of ourselves next--then of our fellow human beings. What I heard in the various video clips on CNN (of Vick) was humble, believably unpolished--even clumsy, obviously unscripted, and most assuredly (by my untrained ears) repentant.

The road ahead for Michael Vick is still uncertain. Rehabilitation is long and hard. Just ask me.

But, I for one do forgive the man ... with the hope that he will do something so wonderful for the animal world that we will look back on these sad days in wonder that it ever even happened.



I see a Forrest Gump somewhere behind those sad eyes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters