Sunday, May 27, 2007

Is it Sarko's ears? Or is it that same diseased mind that reminds me of Mr. Bush?


Nicolas Sarkozy is already up to some nefarious deeds, according to all that I'm reading in the world's newspapers. If there was anything that I admired about the French during the eight years that my family and I lived next door (in Kaiserslautern just east of Saarbrucken), it was surely their relaxed manner of living. And I wasn't the least bit surprised when I read (some years ago) that they were moving to a 35-hour work week to go with their five week summer holidays. Well, one of the first orders of business for Sarko is to take direct aim at that 35-hour work week by eliminating taxes and social payments on money earned in excess of the 35-hour work week. And yes, he will get away with that travesty of social justice because (good grief!) it's what the French apparently want.

All the French have to do to put the brakes on Sarko is to slap him down in the upcoming Parliamentary elections in June ... but ... the polls seem to show that Sarko (like GWB here in the US) has got the people around his right middle finger. The only solice I can get from all of this is that it shows that we here in America aren't the only ones who can be fooled by big ears.


Is it only me, or is there a ... resemblance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters