Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Thank you, Cindy Sheehan, for all you've done both for your son and for so many others still on the sand in Iraq ...

Cindy Sheehan, Gold Star Mother and American Patriot

Cindy Sheehan has told us (in the dailyKos) that she is "resigning" as the "face" of the highly politicized American anti-war movement. She posted a rather strong statement that included the following, "I have invested everything I have into trying to bring peace with justice to a country that wants neither. ...

"The most devastating conclusion that I reached this morning, however, was that Casey did indeed die for nothing. ... Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives. It is so painful to me to know that I bought into this system for so many years and Casey paid the price for that allegiance. I failed my boy and that hurts the most. ..."

She had said in an earlier posting, "I've been wondering why I'm killing myself and wondering why the Democrats caved in to George Bush."


The articles in
USA Today and in the New York Times were pretty explicit and suggested that some of the very persons who had been cheering her on were among those who have been slamming her to the ground of late.

Well, NOT ME!!

God bless you, Cindy, and may your anti-war feelings extend well beyond party lines in politics and to the heart of our very nation!

I don't know anyone who has given more, other than those who, like your son, have given their very lives for their country, and at whom so much abuse has been thrown.

Don't give up now, Cindy; keep up the good fight!

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger One Observationist said...

She lost her son and because she was sold out by the left she lost her husband. The anti-war crowd used Cindy as a tool. It is tragic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters