Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Mediawingnuts is for John Murtha ... so there!

I may be sort of "out of it lately what with working long hours (alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m. and I come in the front door at 10:00 p.m.). That means I have seven hours to feed the cats (forget the kitty litter until the weekend -- whew!), eat a half a container of yogurt -- anything heavier makes me very ill for some reason -- and try to sleep for six hours or so without too many pits stops ... especially after 13 solid hours in my new work "environment." [No posting yesterday because I was in the commode emptying my stomach of three too-hastily eaten hotdogs with too much mustard the evening before.]

But even so ... I listen to the radio during the hour-long rides to and from work and feel very strongly that John Murtha would be a marvelous Majority Leader in the House of representatives and cap off a career that puts him in my personal "Profiles of Courage." Of course, he would work well with Nancy Pelosi, but of far more importance is his credibility in opposing the sad state of affairs in Iraq. After 37 years in the Marine Corps, he knows the complete insanity of war and certainly the insanity of a mistaken war.

My brother Richard from Connecticut highlighted Murtha's turning his back on his former "blue dog" allies, but I say, "the more power to him." Sorry Richard, but I am not an enthusiast of the blue dog Democrats' on-and-off-again hawkishness about a war that we stumbled into after being lied to about its necessity and then stood by and watched President Bush manage (the war/occupation) worse than any war ever ... anywhere and by anyone.

I hope that Murtha becomes the Majority Leader in tomorrow's vote ... and my stomach hurts ... I have to head for bed without eating (again), I'm afraid.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,
please take a good care of you
and hopefully soon you be able to eat hot dogs again ;)
seems you work very hard
cheers
frederic

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

le rouge et le noir -

Thanks. I just had a coupleof bad days.

Cheers

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters