Thursday, October 20, 2011

Forty hours per week up here might get a little boring, but now and then a deer or bear walks up to the Quinault River for a drink.


View of the mouth of the Quinault River from the center 90 degree row of windows in my upper floor office of the Round House in the northwest corner of the Quinault Indian Nation


Only problem is that I have to stand to look out the window inasmuch as the lower window sills (all 360 degrees) are at the same level as the top of my head when I'm seated at my workstation. Then again, I'm almost always alone, so who notices when I stand up? The Pacific Ocean is off my left shoulder and some dogs lying in a sandy road are usually asleep behind me. To my right is a beautiful scene of a forested bluff with the Olympic Mountains in the distance. If I stand on my tiptoes and look straight down, I can check the roof of my Honda CRV for presents from the crows, terns or seagulls that seem to be excellent bombardiers.

3 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that's an office view.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Still, I want pity and prayers for my crazy up-and-down occupation. I'll post a picture of the rest of the office one of these days--boxes, stacks of dusty books and papers, forgotten trash, etc.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger John Szabo said...

Wow, that's some beautiful scenery!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters