Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Night scene at home in Ocean Shores


Sweetheart is watching for Richard at the window. Puzzle: How many live animals can you count in this photo?


As you can see, Richard and I are beginning to pull the place into shape. The shape of a ... well, let's just say "into shape."

We now have 60% of the electrical plugs working--now all Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (breakers)--but no heat and no lights up where Richard sleeps with Sweetheart and Rosie (one of my former cats).

No stove or oven yet, but cold beans aren't bad and I have peanut butter in reserve, not accounting for (no lie) more than twenty cans of Chicken in the Sea Tuna below the counter where I feed George (one of the two cats from the first Gulf war).

I think if Richard's wife even half knew how her poor husband was currently living with his deranged older brother, she'd take him back out of pity in a heartbeat.

But then, were he not here, I'd be ashes today.

4 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the big problem? The house is great even without 19th century amenities. Went to AA today then to Aberdeen. They left me in the car at the Wal-Mart and that is so un-Richard. I think that was Joe's idea and I was pissed for about 20 minutes, but how can you stay mad at Uncle Joe?

More rain, but life is sweet in OS.

Love,
Sweetheart

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

You appeared to be quite content and Richard was quite occupied keeping me from buying you healthier dogfood.

Love

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't lose anybody in the debris.

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What exactly do you plan to do with a Barney bag? I have a little web page for you:

Does this look familiar?

I'm just sayin'...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters