Monday, April 07, 2008

China's executions (soon to be by lethal injection) and its treatment of Tibet are seriously bad ...






... but on a per-1000 basis, Texas probably executes more each year than China--in about the ratio suggested by the sizes of the two flags above. And I'm sure you all noted the resemblance of the flags of the One Star State and the People's Republic of China.

But more to the point of today's events surrounding the Olympic Torch, if you'll excuse a nonsequitor--I am finally sliding into the corner of those who would just as soon boycott the Beijing Olympics.

For the reasons why, I will take some advice that my brother Richard in Connecticut once gave me and delay for a couple of days--only so as to give you fair warning: Don't visit this website for a day or two; the photos may very well disturb you, as they have me.

It's not just the PRC's treatment of animals that is sickening, ugly and shattering to the mind ... it's much, much more ... and the victims are all too human.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters