Saturday, March 15, 2008

Jeremiah was a bullfrog ... was a very good friend of mine!


Barack Obama and Jeremiah Wright


I have watched nearly nonstop video of both Jeremiah Wright on the pulpit of his church and Barack Obama explaining live and in color to CNN, Fox and ABC News why he doesn't agree with all that Reverend Wright has said--or more specifically why he disagrees with the clip(s) that were just shown before his own live appearance on whatever television news show.

When I arrived home from work (very late) last night, I knew little to nothing of what was happening in the political world which I simply assumed was dead until roughly next October or so. My brother Richard in Connecticut has been telling me it's been essentially dead since he read some book about the front door keys to the White House months ago.

He assured me that Barack Obama was the next President of the United States ... period!

Well, if Barack continues to try to distance himself from the most exciting and Jesus-led pastor I've heard since I don't know when, he will not only lose the black vote that he has managed to corral, but the white vote as well.

I personally disagree with much of the specific wording of Reverend Wright's words (those that I've heard), but I find his incendiary style to be constantly in sync with what Jesus (closer to black than white) taught us all 2000 years ago.

The clip most often played last night was the following:

"Hillary was not a black boy raised in a single-parent home -- Barack was. Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary! Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called a nigger! Hillary has never had her people defined as non-person."

You know, I see and hear the kinds of things Mr. Jeremiah Wright referenced in the now famous and televised videotape--and have for most of my life. My only meaningful comment is ...
Jeremiah was a bullfrog
Was a good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him a-drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine
Singin'...

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls now
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters