Monday, March 10, 2008

Dream Team? Barack says, "Dream on!"


Let it be my way ...


What gives with this Obama guy anyway? Hillary offers to make him everything from her man-servant in the White House to the Vice Presidency, and he says, "No way!"

Can't he count the Superdelegates? Doesn't he know who her husband is? Hasn't he counted the electoral votes in New York, California, Massachusetts, Michigan, Florida, Ohio, Texas and Puerto Rico? Well, I guess you might leave Puerto Rico off the list, but what about Illinois? Oh that's right ... well what about ... okay, okay ... maybe the talk of a dream team is premature, but I thought that Hillary's answer over the past weekend: "You've got to make a choice. A lot of people wish they didn't have to. A lot of people say 'I wish I could vote for both of you.' Well, that might be possible some day...' The operative words in that quote being "might be possible."

Contrast Hillary's offer and Obama's "I'm not running for Vice President!" with what John F. Kennedy said after announcing his candidacy for President on January 2, 1960: He specifically stated that he would not accept the vice presidential nomination "under any circumstances, and that is not subject to change by any conditions."

Interestingly, Lyndon Johnson said something along the same lines and ascended to the Presidency on November 22, 1963--a memory many of us will take to our graves.

Who knows?

2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obama with an Arnold-doo.? Very funny!

My favorite Barry Goldwater quote: "I would rather see the Republicans lose in 1960 fighting on principle, than I would care to see us win standing ouun grounds we know are wrong and on which we will ultimately destroy ourselves."

I feel much like that in '08.

Love,

Richard, class of 1970 Kalani High School.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

As I see it, they are both rooting for the other ... as the Vice President or maybe Secretary of Laments!

Bro-Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters