Thursday, October 11, 2007

Personally (and if we weren't voting for president of the US next year), I'd probably pick Thick Kwan Doh!


Take me; I'm yours, beloved fans!


Admittedly, Thick Kwan Doh (also spelled Thich Quang Do and/or Thik Qwahn Dow) isn't the likeliest to win the Nobel Peace Prize this year--although he's the crowd favorite in Ho Chi Minh City--formerly, my home town of Saigon when I lived on Hai Ba Trong (a.k.a. Three Sisters) Street. He's a Vietnamese Buddhist Monk and at 100-1 odds doesn't probably stand a chance against a possible next President of the United States. (See my brother's take on this one!)

Deep down (I guess), I would love to see an environmentalist win the Nobel Peace Prize--and become the next President of the United States--but have to ask exactly what An Inconvenient Truth has/had to do with world peace other than that some of his ideas would lead the world way from Chevron, Exxon, Mobile, Shell and ... Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Iran and wherever else they pump out that slimy black gunk.

One way or the other, we will all know within the next twelve hours whether Al-baby is to be a Nobel Peace Laureate--or whatever one who wins the NPP is called--and then in another week or so whether he will pull a Fred Thompson and become a late entrant into the Democratic Presidential nomination race.

I'd for for him in a heart-beat!

But for the moment, all eyes are on Oslo.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been recommending a book called "My Stroke of Insight - a Brain Scientist's Personal Journey" by Jill Bolte Taylor and also a TEDTalk Dr. Taylor gave on the TED dot com site. And you don't have to take my word for it - Dr. Taylor was named Time Magazine 100 Most Influential People, the New York Times wrote about her and her book is a NYTimes Bestseller), and Oprah did not 4 interviews with her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters