Saturday, July 21, 2007

I'm not even a Catholic anymore, but I have to ask, "Does Jesus want this to drag on and on ... and on?"



I really don't know what more Cardinal Roger Mahoney might have said. The church is obviously sincerely sorry for all of its past abuses and its primary mission--to bring persons to Jesus--must and will go on.

The $660 million that will be divvied up among more than 500 abused persons (roughly $1.4 million each) is admittedly only a fraction of the cost in emotional trauma that each of these men (and women, I believe) have suffered ... but life goes on!

Cardinal Roger Mahoney (shown above) stated rather honestly, I think: "The one thing I wish I could give the victims ... I cannot."

Although I am no longer a Roman Catholic, I truly believe that the church (lower-case "c") has done about all it can. Every one of us has sinned and we all fall far short of God's glory. Personally, I always wonder why God still loves me, but then I read 1 John and forget I even ever asked such a foolish question.

Let's all move on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters