Saturday, July 21, 2007

Tammy Faye ... gone at 65 ... but she's where she will be loved forever!

The picture of Tammy Faye on the right was from another time when she was a guest on Larry King Live and shows only a shadow of the life and beauty she showed us all this week when she was on Larry King's show one last time.

Her last words to us all on his show on Thursday were, "I'd like to say that I genuinely love you, and I genuinely care, and I genuinely want to see you in heaven someday. I want you to find peace. I want you to find joy."

I honestly don't even remember all of the scandal and whatever that Tammy Faye went through way back when as the PTL show went pffft; I only know that Jesus has taken a marvelous human being into His Kingdom this weekend.

I think it's worth mentioning that she has been known as one of the few evangelical Christians who actually had the support of the gay community. She was certainly one of the first televangelists to reach out to those with AIDS when it was a little-known and much-feared disease. In return, she told Larry King just this month, "When I went -- when we lost everything, it was the gay people that came to my rescue, and I will always love them for that."

She was 65. And doubtless, her "tummy" and back are no longer in such excruciating pain as she described to us only a few nights ago.

Heaven is a lucky place today ... to have some genuine earth-made lemonade. I will be playing that song a time or two to my students when I get back to them after the six-week "class" that I'm currently taking.

They won't complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters