Friday, July 13, 2007

Jesus must certainly be wondering today ...



And I wonder too! What must go on in the minds of religious zealots anyway?

I was returning home from a week of some serious (and depressing) studying relating to my job when I happened to hear over the car radio that three or four "Christian right-wingers" staged something of a noisy demonstration during the opening prayer for the U.S. Senate yesterday. Their rationale (I guess) was the fact that the chaplain who prayed was a Hindu--whose prayer from what I heard on the radio was as non-obtrusive towards Christianity as any prayer might be. They played one short segment of one of the protesters yelling "Lord Jesus, forgive us father for allowing a prayer which is an abomination in your sight."

The background protest (shouting and disturbing) seemed to me to be an insult to Christians everywhere. Actually, the protests were the "abomination"!

But then, what do I, a simple sinner, know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters