Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bad news! Conservatives are out-producing liberals!

Politics has entered the maternity ward. Sadly, the Wall Street Journal has reported that conservative parents are out-producing newborns at a rate of about 41% (i.e., 41% more babies per "family") and that 80% of all persons tend to vote the same as their parents vote. This will increase the Republican margin against Democrats by about 0.5% (one-half of one percent per year).

This is science, folks, and we're losing!

The WSJ also mentioned that at this rate, even California "will be decidedly conservative" in only ten years.

My brother, Richard from Connecticut and his wife aren't planning on having children yet, but I think they should begin visiting orphanages soonest. We're depending on you all! Orphanages are a good source for those of you over forty -- and foster kids can be "liberalized" too, I believe.

My wife and I had twelve (including three adoptions), but unfortunately, they are averaging fewer than 1.2 babies for each couple, so the trend seems accurate from my vantage. And yes, I'd say that 80% of our children tend to be liberal -- like their mom and dad.

So let's get the message out to all Liberals! Have babies! Impeach Bush -- or at least let's try to impeach the Bush that follows the Bush that follows the Bush that follows the bush that follows Jeb Bush in 2016! Go team, go!!! Rah, rah, rah!

5 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Rich Ryan said...

You wrote: 80% of all persons tend to vote the same as their parents vote. Was this true during the Viet Nam period?

Rich

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Hi Rich -

Sadly, yes. Actually, only a relatively small percentage of both high school and college students stood up against the Vietnam War during that period -- myself a (sadly) ashamed-of-myself example.

Most of us voted as our parents did, and as I recall, I voted Democrat then, following the Wall Street Journal's commentary in that I was "for" the war -- along with Lyndon Johnson and most other Democrats.

I was as "gung ho" as the rest of us were when I went over to Saigon and Seventh Air Force in 1968 and then again in 1969 for the longer tour.

Thanks for taking care of my jeep in Honolulu while I was gone, by the way!

MWN (Joe)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Sage -

I think you are quite correct. The "abortion on demand" or "abortion if more or less convenient" folks dominate the Democratic Party and yes, that will help for the Domocrats to "fade" (your word) ... along with mixed messages on other issues, I believe.

As regards actual registration, the Democrats lag the Republicans something like 3 - 5 (ratio-wise) at last count with more and more persons registering as Independents or simply not registering for any "named" affiliation in those states where that is the done.

MWN (Joe)

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Rich Ryan said...

But maybe the healthier lifestyles of tree-hugging, vegan Dems make the birthrate a non-issue. If Dems live longer, over time there are more elections to vote in. Hmm?

Rich

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Rich -

You and I are anomalies, I think, in that most older folks become more conservative (vice more liberal) as they age. Taking that into account might make up for the factor that you mention.

Of course, you're not in the "aged" category yet, but when you get there, you'll know what I mean.

MWN (Joe)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters