Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sweetheart is slipping ... so sad ...

Just a quick update on Sweetheart. She's still purring but won't eat a thing and is simply wasting away. She sips water now and again, but that's all ... and she can walk to her favorite water bowl, although I've put a dish of water only inches from her nose. I'll take her to the vet again tomorrow, but don't expect encouraging news.

I hate to think I'm "keeping her alive" for my sake and not hers, but sometimes wonder.

The picture above is not the very most recent; I don't think Sweetheart would want me to post a picture of her in her current (very thin) condition.

Thanks for your prayers for her.

3 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, Blogger Jeanne Ryan (Serenissima) said...

My heart goes out to you and sweetheart. I loved a kitty who went through something similiar and it was painful to see him become a shadow of his former playful self.

Hopefully there's a kitty heaven filled with yarn and catnip and sunny porches.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Serenissima -

Your comment made my eyes water. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

MWN (Joe)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Sage -

Furface reacted quite well to the same appetite stumulants to which Sweetheart is not responding ... about four or five months ago. He still limps, of course, from the injuries to his back during the Riyadh scud attack in early 1991, but he's otherwide the "same ol' Furface." Thanks for asking and thanks for your sentiments re. Sweetheart. I can only assume that they were littermates 16 years ago, but they have entirely different fur -- Sweetheart's fine and short; Furface's long, thick and curly/kinky.

MWN (Joe)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters