Monday, July 24, 2006

The Easy Way to Stop Smoking

I'm seldom amazed, but when my brother, Richard from Connecticut raves about a book -- backed up by his first successful attempt to stop smoking, I'm impressed!

Then, I took a trip down Amazon.com Lane and looked at the reviews and wow! I've seen many books with 4 1/2 stars, but I can't recall the last time I saw one with five stars. Allen Carr's book must be some kind of magic, if ever there was something magic about anything or anyone ... other than Earvin Johnson, of course.

3 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Rich Ryan said...

I'm going into my 5th week as a non-smoker and I'm still amazed how easy it is. Very, very minor withdrawal symptoms. The book is amazing! I still don't understand how it works. Well, up to a point, I think I understand.

Don't know if it would work with other bad habits. For example, could you replace every instance of "smoking" to say, "Drinking" with the same success rate? Hmm?

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Richard -

Hmm ... I have been trying to kick a bad habit of "popping" Excedrin tablets for some time. I wonder ...

MWN (Joe)

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Jeanne Ryan (Serenissima) said...

Sounds like magic. Maybe it'll help me kick my diet soda and cookie habits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters