Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I will always remember 7 December 1941, 22 November 1963, 11 September 2001 ... and now 23 August 2011 !!

The GREAT Earthquake of August 23, 2011 -- a Certain Sign that the Rapture is Almost Upon Us


Actually, of all of the horrible disasters that have occurred during my lifetime, the date for today's will probably come to mind quickest. Only my immediate family knows, but August 23 is also Rocky Colavito's birthday. And when he performed as the Cleveland Indians' best Center fielder ever (not just knocking the ball out of the park more times since the days of Babe Ruth and Ted Williams, he could mitt a baseball seven feet over his head). His birthday has provided me with a lucky number (23) since before the Korean War--that's the war just after the really Big War that had me traumatized during my pre-teens! You know, Hitler and Tojo versus Roosevelt ... and Captain America!

I hope this posting finds most of my East Coast kids and grandkids -- and other relatives and friends alive and well. I'm still out at the Quinault Indian Nation working, but I've been told that I should be able to get through to a couple of those who were not too close to the epicenter this evening as the telephone lines are being restored.

If the entire family survives, I will probably switch lucky numbers from 23 to 5.8. Then again, today is the 23rd after all; maybe I'll just leave it 23 for a while longer.

Friends, relatives and POI's: To save me making a million phone calls this week, let me know (a short comment will do) that you survived the earthquake and that everyone is fine at your home. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters