Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thanks to searching through Google's "Images," I found the proof that e^iPi = -1 I should have seen it immediately ... (guess [sic] I'm getting old)


This is simple, graphical and the graphic proves the assertion that e^iPi + 1 = 0 (or e^iPi = -1) upon observation. I feel foolish having thought off-hand that it would be something simple and drawn on a coordinate system of the real numbers and the imaginary numbers ... and then not having seen it immediately. I had to run (more like stumble!) into it while researching some basic geometry/trigonometry for one of my grandchildren who could probably care less.

But yes, one needs to know e^ix = cos(x) + i*sin(x) ... which I believe I showed to be true in an earlier posting.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never know about what our grand-kids think, but they should be proud of having a grand father with with your high intelligence, Joe, because they could learn a lot from you. But you are only as old as you feel, think positive. As of for me, I would of like to have had been able to have the chance and schooling to have been what I chose to be in life, so you have been very blessed. From LMD a child of the Most High "God"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters