Monday, March 09, 2009

"Be still and know I am God" ... Psalm 46:10



My brother Richard and I contemplated (and meditated) on the powerful words from Psalm 46, Verse 10 (above). The quote below says it all for me:

The only real absolute truth is God himself, and our best interpretations of the Bible are only an approximation of it. God was God and Truth was Truth before there was a Bible and will continue on long after the Bible is no more. For years I read the Bible as a way of figuring out how to make God work in my reality; now I see that the Bible is a gift from God designed to pull me into his reality. I no longer think of the Bible as a landing strip for a particular belief system or theology about God, but a launching pad setting me free to explore the height, width, and depth of God’s being. [ . . . ] God uses anything and everything to stimulate my spiritual life. Nothing is wasted.” P. 59, Wide Open Spaces by Jim Palmer.



2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

46:10 is certainly powerful at times, isn't it?

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got it wrong. I thought it was "Be still and know that I am a dog".

Always stay sweet,

Sweetheart

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters