Monday, January 26, 2009

Another “Bolt from the Blue” … but this time from a real UFO—a Unique Friend and Observer of my nutty activities

It was like a bolt from the blue when I learned in Mid-August of 2007 that my closest friend and fellow UFOlogist--although Bill is a real UFOlogist and I’m a simple pretender—was about to move here to Ocean Shores and re-cement our friendship and (possibly) our UFO hunting activities.

His own UFO activities are sky-rocketing with the growth of both his website and his wide-ranging UFOlogist activities, particularly his "senior scientist" duties with the History Channel’s “UFO Hunters.”



Thus, you possibly can understand how I felt when he zapped me from behind three weeks ago to tell me that he was … returning to the Seattle area ... and then was GONE two weeks later. The picture just above doesn't do my feelings justice. It was another bolt from the blue, only this time my UFO buddy’s impulsiveness really wounded the tired and lonely old man he’s leaving behind in Ocean Shores. (But, for the record and believe it or not, I agreed wholeheartedly with his reasons for returning to big city life--and after all, Seattle is only a three-hour drive from Ocean Shores!)

Thank the Lord for the recent arrivals of my brother, Richard, and his beloved mutt, Sweetheart. I guess I'll survive, although the burn on the right side of my face certainly smarts!

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,
I truly understand how it feels, to have a friend that use to be close by and is now far away, because of our friendship which I am very blessed to have, I am only about 30 minutes away. So hang in their Joe it will all work out in the end and God will bless you with more friends, besides Bill, which I know is a good friend of yours and his. I also know that having your brother Richard their helps a lot.

From LMD of Copalis Crossing

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger mediawingnuts said...

Yes, Richard is a real blessing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters