Saturday, January 17, 2009

How Great is Our God!


I managed to get the cats settled enough to watch a really amazing video (DVD) about a week ago. The DVD was lent to me by a fellow instructor at the college for whom I teach/work.

All I can say is, "WOW!!"

The speaker was a dude whose name is Louie Giglio and his message (okay, it was a Christian sermon, but with a powerful message, I believe) blew me away.

I am in awe of Astronomy anyway, but when he spoke of and showed slides produced by NASA (Hubble Telescope), I was flattened.

He showed a number of pictures that showed the immensity of our universe--galaxy after galaxy ... and then he showed a couple of pictures that said it all for me.

He said, “This is the M51 whirlpool galaxy.

The M51 Whirlpool Galaxy


This is probably the best known galaxy out there because it sits at such a perfect angle to us. They zoomed in on this galaxy, which is one of the most well known galaxies around, they zoomed to the very center of that galaxy which is HUGE compared to ours, and this is what they saw.”

Core of the M51 Whirlpool Galaxy


“They call it, ‘the ‘X’ factor’. Call it what you will, I know what it looks like to me.”

Let me tell you, it was amazing.

And "X" factor, my foot. It's the "J" factor.

And I don't mean "Joe"!!

You might check it out ...

3 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Richard and I are very simple beings. We are doing a bible study with 2 of Jehovah's witnesses and don't understand a thing they are talking about.

Your post is way over Richard's and mine heads.'

Always stay sweet,

Sweetheart

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like that picture and it looks like a cross to me, so it is the J factor, not the x. You just need to just wear better glasses, that is all. I think it is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen. I really like astronomy, because it is about the planets and stars and pictures just like that one. It is just breathe taking, Isn't it?

From LMD of Copalis Crossing

 
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last week I watched how great is our God and today for Science class we watched Indescribable. When I saw the core of the whirlpool galaxy I was sooooo amazed. Before it was laminin and now its the whirlpool. Its just more profe or evidence to the lost that God does exist and that he created the World!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters