Saturday, February 09, 2008

What's this crap about Chelsea being forced to p*** for Hillary?


Chelsea Clinton


The following exchange has been played and replayed on the radio for two days. It originally was on MSNBC cable television on Thursday:

DAVID SHUSTER: Bill, there's just something a little bit unseemly to me that Chelsea's out there calling up celebrities, saying support my mom, and she's apparently also calling these super delegates.

BILL PRESS: Hey, she's working for her mom. What's unseemly about that? During the last campaign, the Bush twins were out working for their dad. I think it's great, I think she's grown up in a political family, she's got politics in her blood, she loves her mom, she thinks she'd make a great president...

DAVID SHUSTER: But doesn't it seem like Chelsea's sort of being pimped out in some weird sort of way?


Yow!

I guess we have to look at Roberta McCain (95 years old), Michelle Obama and ... well, why not Caroline Kennedy? in the same ugly way that David Shuster looks at Chelsea Clinton.

I heard that he was fired from MSNBC. Fine by me. Free speech can be taken to the extremes of irreponsibility, I believe, and we have four very fine men and women still standing and very much alive in one of the greatest primary campaigns (maybe the greatest!) in my (getting longer by the minute) lifetime.

Go get 'em, Chelsea!

2 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Schuster has been "suspended", and I do think his two apologies were from the heart. At least he didn't say "If I've offended anyone...". He said "I'm sorry for offending...". Schuster's boss is Chris Matthews who has dropped the f-bomb a few times. These guys are political geeks that sometimes let their enthusiasm get the better of their judgement.

Bro Richard

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Unfortunately for Hillary, the "victim" status didn't play as well as she thought it might in today's caucuses.

Maybe Schuster should run as a late entry ...

broJoe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters