Wednesday, February 06, 2008

John McCain continues to rope-a-dope his way towards ... I won't say it!




A close friend of mine reminded me of the staying power of Muhammad Ali


Does that remind you a little of John McCain?

I worked for his father, Admiral John McCain, while young Johnny waited for six years to be released from the Hanoi Hilton. He waited again for years for President Bush to change course in Iraq--not a strategy that I necesarilly agree with but ... well, you get the point! He's still waiting to fix the immigration policies of the U.S. and oh yes, campaign finance reform ... as are we all! We all watched while he patiently plodded on through Mitt Romney's insults (and millions of dollars worth of TV ads and other expensive campaigning) towards what now appears to be the Republican nomination. Is it possioble that his staying power will make my New Year's Day prediction backwards and upside down?

Will John McCain rope-a-dope his way through the campaign ahead against either Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama?

I might have predicted otherwise, but I wouldn't bet against John "Muhammad Ali" McCain at this stage of the game.

Hint as to why I wouldn't put money on the table: Watch Michael Bloomberg--especially if Hillary survives her own rope-a-dope against Barack in the weeks and months ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters