Saturday, August 04, 2007

Another week of "school" and another week of nothing new on the Cable News


Simpson Logging's #7, the "Tollie" is on display in downtown Shelton in front of the post office


Well, another week in Shelton, and another dollar or so, more or less. Certainly (for me) a faceful of OC (pepper spray) and a lesson in how not to apply wrist, waist and ankle restraints.

And for the rest of you, it must have seemed like an endless single TV picture of a single bridge lying flattened over and in the Mississippi River. Out of that, we might actually get moving on fixing the aging infrastructure in America, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. We’ve been watching the Alaskan Way Viaduct and the 520 Bridge in Seattle disintegrating for as long as I’ve been here with at least three closures in that time and many hours of my time searching for alternate routes to work or elsewhere while I lived in Bellevue—before coming to the coast where all I have to worry about is Global Warming and the Pacific Ocean reaching heights that will inundate all of Ocean Shores.

As for politics, well, it was T&A time for both parties, it seems. Bush’s colon, Cheney’s heart and Hillary’s cleavage were all the news until the London Bridge (or one like it) fell down.

The murders in Iraq (March of 2006) were finally more or less closed out, although I think there’s still a state trial for one of the soldiers still ongoing and he might even get the death penalty--and I have no idea how that is even possible--for the murders and rapes of people in Iraq.

Hopefully, I will be able to get something on my TV cable news at the Super 8 Motel in Shelton besides scenes of some flattened bridge in Minnesota.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters