Sunday, July 29, 2007

Another "This was the Week that Was"



Let’s just say, for argument’s sake, that I’ve been somewhere behind and to the right of the anonymous smaller white water tower in the above photo. Fair enough?

But for the rest of you, it seems as though you’ve been in the thick of it again for yet another crazy week. Whether it was simply a weak battery in my cell phone or random cross-talk while I was on the phone getting my weekly political/national affairs summary from my brother Richard in Connecticut, it seems as though things were a little skitzy-screwy from early on Monday through about today.

But to make myself clear on a couple of matters, I want you to know that I do not believe that
President Bush had Pat Tillman murdered in Afghanistan, nor do I believe that the Attorney General Alberto Gonzales is part of a huge conspiracy to rid Americans of their First Amendment rights. Also, I don’t really believe that something called “YouTube.com” was able to set off a war of words between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama nor is it even remotely possible that both the NFL and the NBA could be slam-dunked in the same week. And to bring this week right up to today, is it really possible that Dick Cheney was president for the time it took to run a camera up … well … whatever … and that President Bush was put in charge of the country for the time it took to replace a battery in Dick Cheney’s internal heart defibrillator—and more likely an entirely new defibrillator? Whew!! What can possibly happen next week to beat the past week? Maybe, it’s best we don’t ask what with the White House preparing to sell $20 billion in arms to some of my old pals in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, et. al. and Congress preparing yet more “stop the war” bills that might get through debate before they go on recess.

Well whatever, clicking on the appropriate links in the above paragraph will at least give you Mediawingnuts’ take on The Week that Was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters