Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My brother Richard in Connecticut suggests I celebrate the Fourth by exposing the (un) Fairness Doctrine for what it really is ...




There are surely many reasons to oppose the (un)Fairness Doctrine, but the most important reason of all is that it's un-American. The so-called Fairness Doctrine is all about government mandated censorship. If a conservative radio station is forced by the government to give air time to a liberal show then clearly some other show will not be heard. As a died-in-the-wool liberal, I don't like that kind of law any more than I like to listen to Sean Hannity's and Rush Limbaugh's shows very often.

Hey, Nancy Pelosi and Dennis Kucinich -- I have an Independence day message for you both: I don't like Rush Limbaugh either -- but it's the Free Market that dictates what is aired on the radio and not some Government bureaucracy such as they had in the Soviet Union for most of my lifetime.

Happy Fourth to you All!

Yeh, they had an "unfairness doctrine" of sorts for decades ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters