Sunday, May 27, 2007

Ocean Shores has just been named "Tsunamiready" and "Stormready" and we have the road signs to prove it!



Good grief! The cities of Ocean Shores, Long Beach and Aberdeen, among others, have been designated as "Tsunamiready" and "Stormready" communities. I think that what that means is that as I am whistling in the dark on my way to work at oh-nothing-thirty in the morning and returning to Ocean Shores at yucksty-stars in the late evening, I can be assured that I won't have to inflate my Honda's Pontoon Inflators in an emergency while listening to the wailing of the tsunami warning horns which have been tested exactly twice in my entire time here (about four years).


As can be see by the map of Ocean Shores on the left (yellow is BAD!!) for those of us who think about tsunamis and such, my kitties are dead meat. We live towards the bottom of the little peninsula and have about as much chance of making it to that small patch of green towards the top of the map as ... well, you get the idea.


On the happier side of things, the segment of my family who lives in Seattle made it back from China both safe and tired. I'll call them later today and maybe ... just maybe ... hear the first sounds of my new granddaughter, Lilia. She is an American now ... Whoopie!!


Anyway, just thought you'd like to know ...

2 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Oxiane said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Comment above was deleted by its author's request ... for his/her safety ... which makes me glad to be able to say "I am an American!"

Love to you all ... Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters