Saturday, February 24, 2007

As a peanut butter sandwich junkie ...


doesn't this look yummy?


From the insane to the mildly inane. That last posting sort of showed a few of us how the world views America; this one suggests how I view my own survival and it is probably in the hands of the same folks that enlightened the dedication to my brother's twentieth wedding anniversary.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says it has confirmed the presence of Salmonella in peanut butter produced by ConAgra Foods' Georgia plant. They are the sole producer of Peter Pan Peanut Butter. Fortunately, I tend to eat either IGA's brand or Jiffy, but at least two people are believed to have died and hundreds have been sickened in the latest Salmonella scare. Although I don't live in the states wherein persons have died (Pennsylvania, New York, Iowa, etc.), I am a little leery of opening a new jar of peanut butter these days ... peanut butter sandwiches being almost my sole nourishment "up on the hill" where I teach.

4 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Oxiane said...

peanut butter with foie gras... i should try

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

I don't have my French-English dictionary handy. What in God's name is fois gras? Salmonella? It's no wonder the Iranians are developing a nuclear "device."

Cheers

Joe

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Oxiane said...

sorry
foie gras is :
http://www.lefoiegras.fr/
or
http://www.nofoiegras.org/
depending on your point of view.

americans see nuclear weapons or any other weapons anywhere? ;)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

le rouge et le noir

I said "nuclear device," not "nuclear weapon"!!

joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters