Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ernesto??? Is it just me, or ...

Is it only me, or does it seem that more and more of these tropical storms-cum-hurricanes are Hispanic? Katrina, Alberto, Ernesto (left), etc., etc., etc.

It's one thing to get us excited while the storms are still more than 150 miles south-southwest of Port au Prince, but it's quite another to hint at extending the fence/wall between Mexico and the U.S. through the Gulf of Mexico to ... Guantanamo?

Ernesto? Who came up with that name?

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Sage (and Samurai) -

In some ways, I see Samurai's point -- I am handing a "race card" to the bigots out there, although that wasn't intended. Maybe I am a racist deep down to have even noticed the Hispanic trend in names. I surely hope not!

Still, I would think that using names for storms is a bummer to begin with -- they could name them Alpha06, Beta06, etc. like they did last year when they finished the alphabet. Not as "sexy" but sufficient.

And speaking of "names," it looks like Samurai's name-dictionary is relatively short to have to resort to that many explitives/insults in so short a comment. But her point is well taken. She was simply upset, I guess.

MWN (Joe)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters