Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Okay ... it's not that exciting but we NEVER get into the teens in December in Ocean Shores!


No! This isn't a bogus photo--it's Duck Lake this morning taken at the NE end of Falls of Clyde Loop where the creek across the street feeds into the lake 1/4 mile from my home


Admittedly, there isn't enough ice to hold a Penny above water, but for a short while, the scene took my mind off of the screwball Health Care Bill slowly emerging from the Senate.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go back to being concerned about all of the unborn babies that soon-to-be law will kill.

Or whatever ...

The only "news" implied by today's posting is that Grays Harbor College closed down until the Winter Quarter (and forever for me!) and I obviously have time to start playing with my digital camera again. I'll start grading the finals that are stacked a foot deep in my living room on Friday or so and submit the grades electronically next week. One advantage of not having a teaching contract is that they can't fire me for dragging my feet for a while. Actually, if they would have out-and-out fired me instead of simply not recontracting me, I could sue them for age discrimination.

Being seventy-five has to be worth something, don't you think?

1 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Joe being 75 is worth a lot, because their is not very many men, that do what you do at your young age and I mean young age. You are a very talented man and I am sure God has a plan for you for the future, just keep the FAITH, O.K.? God would not leave you out their with out a plan for you. Just keep on praying and reading your bible, it works every time and you have your family and friends, that are always their for you and you are not alone.

From LMD of Ocean Shores

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters