Monday, December 08, 2008

NOW ... how many live animals are buried in the (diminishing) clutter?




Thanks to persons like my sister, Nancy ... and horrible websites like www.hoarding_is_a_fatal_disease.com, I have finally begun to tackle the little problem about which I've blogged in recent weeks.

Hoarding seems be finally being recognized as a true health, fire and safety hazard. Hmmm ... I wonder if my 6-alarm electrical outlet fire was a symptom?

Anyway, not only can you now see my living room floor ... you might actually be able to count more than a couple of live animals in the photo above. I'm thinking of establishing a clinic in Ocean Shores for the clinically depressed and hoarding-OCDers to whom I can offer compassion, love, understanding (in spades!), organization ideas and flea powder.

That plus a reverse mortgage might get me past the (almost certain) upcoming layoff due to the recession cum depression--mine and the economy's!

7 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 step forward, 2 steps back. The house looks, uh, odd.

Baby steps Uncle Joe.Just baby steps

Always stay sweet,

Sweetheart

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Jeanne Ryan (Serenissima) said...

Well, if you don't go into counselling, Sweetheart seems well qualified. Good work on the de-cluttering. Oprah's show is on OCD tonight. Check it out.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serenissima,

Do you really think that I need counseling? I'm feeling quite stable these days. But if you are adamant, I will seek an out-patient program at PAWS in Aberdeen.

No 12 step for me--hell, I don't even have opposable thumbs.

Always stay sweet,

Sweetheart

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

The room seems perfectly in order to me, but we Pittsburgh dogs are notoriously messy.
Gem

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

I hope no live animals are buried in the clutter, otherwise I will contact PETA or the Michael Vick DA.
Gem

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

I am already treating with Dr. Jennifer Melfi for neuroses.
Gem

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger endcentralbs said...

someone put ativan and luvox in my dog food.
Gem

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters