Monday, January 14, 2008

Okay, the comments of "Blaine" in the previous posting forced me to do this!



Well, I don't know that he is necessarily a "dream" opponent of the DNC, but he brings a bit of baggage into the fray of which his father (whom I admired to the fullest) would not approve. I'll let you read "Blain's" comments to the previous posting yourself, but sufficeth for me to state that McCain's heroism in Vietnam wasn't the only "Heroic McCain Story" ongoing over the past decades.

His first wife, Carol, who put up with his cheating and searching for a younger trophy wife--with money to finance his campaigns--deserves inclusion among so many wives (my own included) who belong in the "Wives Hall of Fame." At the time, she had previously suffered severe injuries that shortened one of her legs and ... well, you get the picture. I read it in a New York Times article that was published when he ran against George Bush in 2000. That story, plus his involvement with the Keating Five during the S&L scandal (both stories just under the radar today) are what have the Democrats hoping that my New Year's Day prediction comes true. And yes, watch what pops over the radar after McCain gets the nomination next summer--or sooner as Mega-Tuesday rolls past.

Even his support for the Bush Surge is more likely to backfire than boost his campaign come next November.

But his picture in the previous blog posting was still a nice picture, wasn't it? And although both Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani have their own "trophy wives" ...


Senator McCain certainly did do well in picking Cindy as his most recent wife too, don't you think?

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL!

Just returned from a self-imposed, six-week internet blackout in order to finish the thesis for my MSA, been deprived of my daily dose of political-blog discussions and perusals, so I apologize for my McCain rant. I would buy the guy a Guinness if I had the chance, I just wouldn't want him having access to nukes.

One note of interest spreading around Lansing after Michigan's primary yesterday: although Mitt received 39% of the Republican vote yesterday and easily defeated McCain, Mitt expected to win by a larger margin and is disturbed to find out that exit polls indicate that he received much support simply because his father was a much-loved three-term Governor of Michigan, NOT because of Mitt's policy proposals which, of course, doesn't bode well for Mitt outside of Michigan where few know or remember George Romney.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Dr. Joe said...

Sadly, other smear-tactics material was put out relating to Admiral McCain's son--material concerning whether or not he provided the North Vietnamese material/information during his early days in confinement that could have hurt other pilots involved in the air interdiction and bombing campaign at that time. As far as I can tell, this was an extrapolation of something McCain included in one of his books, but it certainly didn't sound either credible or like anything I'd ever heard before.

As for how he got the 30% of the vote that he did rack up, yes, much of that a benefit acrued from his father's time in Lansing and not his own accomplishments.

Incidentally, I generally supported his Immigration Bill (his, Senator Kennedy's, President Bush's and others') and don't find his "flip-flopping" on immigration too troubling.

There is something though about Senator John McCain that is troubling though--just can't quite put my finger on it.

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters