Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Which of them truly chooses Jesus as his "Commander-in-Chief"? Maybe all of them, but I really don't know!!



Amazingly, I heard the same sermon twice on POTUS-08 -- both coming to work and them leaving my job for home. Maybe God was trying to tell me something. Basically, "both" sermons (really, the same sermon twice, and not political in any way whatsoever) were totally out of character for POTUS-08 (a channel on XM Radio entirely devoted to politics--both Democrat and Republican). Mike Huckabee spoke on the importance of our not forgetting who our real Commander-in-Chief is and discussed the "hardships" referenced in Second Timothy 2:3-4.

Once he was through with the obligatory little "jokes" (actually a lame five minutes) to get his church-goers warmed up, his actual message was powerful and riveting. It was a message that I hope every American is able to hear at some time or other, no matter what that American's political persuasion. It was a message that we all too often forget to realize--even those of us who think of ourselves as "Christians." Yes, we are soldiers, but with Christ as our Commander, there is only one final outcome and that should be joyful news to us all.

After he said, "I am here today to talk about Jesus and not to talk about me," he stayed on focus for a full half hour and I was glued to the XM Radio in my car for the entire half hour--actually both half hours--same words to and from work. He continued ... "God is still looking for good soldiers, good soldiers for Christ ... Every single person here is a soldier that God needs in his army. He is just waiting on us to say here am I, send me."

No, he probably didn't win any votes in South Carolina where he gave his homily, but he likely won over several persons to Christ ... and isn't that what life is all about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Vote for Democrats
Since four and a half nanoseconds ago
Hit Counter
folks have visited this blog!
NOT!
Free Hit Counters